When you are happy with your itinerary, we will send you an invoice for the deposit. The deposit is typically $250 pp and your trip is confirmed when the deposit is received.
As accommodation bookings are not finalised until deposits are received, minor changes to price, accommodation and itinerary are possible.
Many people book their flights while finalising the itinerary as airfares are the most variable part of the cost.
The balance of the trip is payable 6 weeks before departure.
Payment is generally by internet banking into either our New Zealand or Australia accounts (details on your invoice). We accept Visa and Mastercard, but these are currently subject to a 4% surcharge. If you indicated payment by credit card your invoice will have link to Paypal which we use as our secure payment gateway.
Postponements – Corona Virus – Policy Change
With Corona Virus leading to last minute changes in flights and entry conditions we are providing greater flexibility to postpone your trip.
• Full payment is required 6 weeks in advance of trip.
• Trip may be postponed up to 7 days before scheduled start. We reserve the right to charge a rescheduling fee and any direct costs incurred. Postponement may be for up to 12 months.
• Trip postponement within 7 days of start due to airline or country travel restrictions– trip may be postponed as above at no cost.
• Trip postponement due to a member of the group testing positive within 7 days of the trip. Postponement at no cost.
• In the above cases the postponement will be treated as a credit towards a future trip.
• Trip cancellation/no shows – no refund of deposit or payment
We strongly recommend Travel Insurance. Current policies vary considerably on Covid
cover, but select one that includes at least $200 a day if you or a travelling
companion are forced to isolate due to Covid.
Most policies now seem to cover the medical issues related to Covid.
Email us the dates and your heights (so we provide you with the right size bike) and we will email an invoice that can be paid by internet banking or credit card (using the Paypal secure payment gateway). Your booking is confirmed on receipt of payment.
Cancellation Policy (Bike hire only)
Cancellations more than 7 days prior to departure – 80% refund.
No shows, change of mind on day, early returns – No refund.7